Sunday, September 18, 2011
Monday, September 5, 2011
Happy Labor Day to all! We have had a terrific two weeks of school! I cannot believe we’ve already been together 10 days-time flies! We have been busy working on:
- · map skills including directions, latitude and longitude, oceans and continents in Social Studies
- · place value up to 1,000,000, adding and subtracting with re-grouping up to 1,000,000 using modeled drawing in Math
- · pre-writing with trigger words and wet ink, capital letters and commas in writing
- · personal narratives, things good readers do, how to form a reader’s response, how to talk about books we’ve read in reading
- · our first word sort in word study
We have checked out library books from Mrs. Gabriel and heard about the 2011-12 Bluebonnet books-can’t wait to get our hands on those!
We had an introduction to EasyTech from Mrs. Stutts and we are looking forward to getting started with some of its technology features.
We meet our Kindergarten books buddies on Friday and had a terrific time sharing books and we even squeezed in time for Julia’s birthday celebration and a successful fire drill!
I will try very hard to up-date the blog every two weeks so you all know what we’re doing in school-and I will post opportunities for you to volunteer! We’d love you help!
As always, thank you for letting me spend time with your children-they are our most precious commodity and I am honored to be their teacher!
See you all soon!